Attn: Absentee Manager, Magaria Bobo
714 Greensboro Ave. Suite 214
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
Phone: (205) 464-8259
WHO CAN VOTE ABSENTEE?
- If you expect to be absent from the county on election day.
- Someone who is ill or has a physical disability that prevents a trip to the polling place.
- Is a registered Alabama voter living outside the county. Examples may include: members of the Armed Forces, a voter employed outside the United States, a college student.
- An appointed election official or poll watcher at a polling place other than his or her regular polling place.
- A caregiver for a family member to the second degree of kinship by affinity or consanguinity and the family member is confined to his or her home.
- Someone who is currently incarcerated in prison or jail and has not been convicted of a felony involving moral turpitude.
The deadline to submit an absentee ballot is the 5th day prior to the election.
HOW DO I RECEIVE AN ABSENTEE BALLOT?
To receive an absentee ballot, you must first complete the application. Applications can be found and completed by clicking here or by visiting the Circuit Clerk’s Office in the County Courthouse. The following information will be required to receive an absentee ballot:
- Name and residential address
- Valid photo ID
- election for which ballot is requested
- Reason for absence from polls on election day
The absentee ballot must be returned to the Circuit Clerk’s Office by person, mail or commercial carrier. You cannot mail absentee ballot in the same envelope as another absentee ballot.
If you have any additional questions, please call 205-464-8259.