Select Page



Contact Information


Scott Anders
County Engineer

Tracy Criss
Assistant County Engineer

Mailing Address:
Tuscaloosa County Public Works Department
2810 35th Street
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401-1891

Phone: (205) 345-6600


Office Location

Main Office:
Tuscaloosa County Public Works Department
2810 35th Street
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401-1891

Regular Office Hours:
Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 4:00 pm

View Map
How do I request maintenance of a County road or bridge?

Please call 345-6600, Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Please provide as much detail as possible regarding the location of the problem.

Does the Department handle water or sewer service?

No, the department does not handle water service. The following providers handle residential water services, depending on where you live:

Berry Water: 205-689-4562

Buhl, Elrod, Holman Water Authority: 205-333-0231

Carrolls Creek Water Authority: 205-333-1140

Citizens Water Service: 205-556-2224

City of Tuscaloosa, Water and Sewer Dept.: 205-248-5500

Coaling Water Authority: 205-553-5361

Coker Water Authority: 205-339-6946

Fosters-Ralph Water Authority: 205-758-0908

Green Pond Water: 205-938-9367

Hulls-Englewood Water: 205-345-9333

Mitchell Water System, Inc.: 205-759-2728

Moundville Water: 205-371-2641

Northport Water Dept.: 205-339-7024

Oakman Water: 205-622-3280

Peterson Water System: 205-556-7785

Warrior River Water: 205-477-5791

A problem was reported but was not fixed. Why?

The majority of the rejected problem requests relate to areas that are not county property or beyond the county right-of-way. Please click here for right-of-way information

Will the Department clear dead animals from the road?

The department will clear dead animals from the road only if they are deemed a traffic hazard.

Who do I call with emergencies when the Department is closed?

If there is an emergency situation (such as a downed tree on a public road or other dangerous road conditions) outside of office hours, please call the Sheriff’s Department at (205) 752-0616 to report the problem.