Ward D. “Rob” Robertson, III
714 Greensboro Avenue, Room 121
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
Phone: (205) 464-8204
Judge Rob Robertson
Judge Ward D. “Rob” Robertson, III was sworn into office January 14, 2019 as the 16th Probate Judge of Tuscaloosa County. In addition to his duties in the Probate Court, he serves as Chairman of the Tuscaloosa County Commission. He brings a wide range of experience to the office from the public and private sectors including law enforcement, military service, business, emergency management, community planning, disaster recovery, information systems, and logistics.
Judge Robertson seeks to justly serve all stakeholders bringing matters before the Court with efficiency and compassion. He is committed to helping address the growing needs of the mental health community along with community partners and the local legislative delegation. As Commission Chair, he works with his fellow Commissioners and staff daily to ensure Tuscaloosa County becomes an even better place to live, work, and play.
Family: Married to Dana Robertson with two daughters.
Education: Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Business Administration, University of Alabama. Graduate of Oak Ridge High School, Orlando, FL, Certified Local Emergency Manager.
Military: U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, Veteran of the Persian Gulf War.
Church: Charter member, Christ Harbor Church, Northport.
Current Committees and Boards
- Chairman, Tuscaloosa County Commission
- Chairman, Tuscaloosa County Emergency Communication District (9-1-1 Board)
- Chairman, West Alabama Regional Commission (WARC)
- Chairman, Tuscaloosa County Special Tax Board
- Finance Committee Chairman (Past Chair) – Tuscaloosa County Road Improvement Commission
- Member (Past Chair), Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) Policy Committee
- Committee Member, Stepping Up Mental Health Initiative
- Committee Member, Constitution & By-Laws Committee, Legislative Committee, and Mental Health Committee (Alabama Probate Judges Association)
- Board Member (Ex-Officio), Board of Directors, Tuscaloosa County Economic Development Authority (TCEDA)
- Member of:
- Exchange Club of Tuscaloosa
- Kiwanas of Greater Tuscaloosa
- Marine Corp League
- Alabama Marine Foundation
- Association of County Commissions of Alabama
- Alabama Probate Judges Association