Ward D. Robertson, III
Tuscaloosa County Commission
P.O. Box 20067
Tuscaloosa, AL 35402
Phone: (205) 464-8315
Tuscaloosa County Courthouse
714 Greensboro Avenue, Suite 121
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401-1891
Office Hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pmView Map
MARRIAGE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- If you are under the age of 18, both parents must come in and sign the application, as well as a Marriage Bond. We have to see the parent’s driver’s license and the minors certified birth certificate issued from the Health Department in the last thirty days.
- YOU MUST HAVE:
- Driver’s License; State issued Non-driver’s license or a passport for identification.
- Social Security cards are required if you have a social security number. Beginning August 1, 2014 the Social Security Administration will no longer provide Social Security number printouts. If you need a replacement card, complete an application and provide Social Security with the original, required documentation. Take or mail those documents to your local Social Security office or card center. For additional information, please visit www.socialsecurity.gov/ssnumber or call toll-free number at 1-800-772-1213.
- If you do not have a social security number, a notarized affidavit attesting to the fact that you were never issued and/or have never had a social security number must be submitted at the time you purchase your marriage license.
- Divorce decrees, if either party has been divorced or death certificate if spouse is deceased.
- $74.00 CASH for the license.
- Blood tests are not required!
- Marriage license are valid for 30 days in the State of Alabama.That means once the license is issued, you must get married within thirty days. You may purchase your license in any county in Alabama, it is not required that you buy it in the county where you are to be married.
- When applying for a marriage license Office Hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 to 4:30.